I adore granola. There’s just something about the crunchy nuttiness paired with refreshing yogurt that’s just so comforting. Unfortunately, shop bought granola is absolutely packed full of sugar and isn’t really as healthy as it makes out to be, so I decided that I’d start making my own- totally refined sugar-free!
Capturing the crunchy, nutty, oaty deliciousness with the help of a little sunshine.
NUTTY MAPLE GRANOLA
SERVINGS: 6 (1/2 cup= 1 serving) TIME: 30 MINS INC. BAKING
This is the recipe for the basic granola, but feel free to go wild and add anything you like! I made mine with an added 1/4 cup of mixed seeds, 1/4 cup of hazlenuts and 1/4 cup of almonds.
- 2 cups oats
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp raw honey 1 tbsp
- 1 tsp oil
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large pinch fine sea salt
- Heat the oven to 150ºC.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, using your hands or a knife*
- Spread the mixer in a layer on a baking sheet, pressing down some thicker areas if you want some clusters in your granola.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until the granola has formed a ‘crust’.
- Leave to cool completely, then using a spoon, scoop the granola off the tray and store in an airtight box.
*If you are using whole nuts, blend them slightly in a food processor before adding them in, to add a really nutty flavour and different levels of texture. Feel free to go crazy with add-ins! I suggest that if you’re adding dried fruit, that you add it after baking, else it burns and doesn’t taste very good!
I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, let me know what you think!