Some mornings a bowl of porridge just doesn’t cut it, and all you want is warm cookies (if this isn’t you, there’s something wrong!) Giving into the cookie cravings, I decided to make chocolate chip cookie dough inspired baked oatmeal, and let me tell you, it was the gooiest, sqiudgiest warm cookie dough that I’ve ever eaten!
I’m just going to leave this melty, chocolatey, gooey close up here…
Who says healthy eating is boring?! I bet most people don’t wake up and eat cookie dough for breakfast, so I count that as a win for being healthy (one of about 10936682900 wins anyway!) Ready in only 25 minutes, this is a nutritious breakfast that tastes so indulgent, and I’m willing to say the most delicious oatmeal that you’ll ever eat!
BAKED COOKIE DOUGH OATMEAL
MAKES: 1 SERVING TIME:30 MINS (INC. PREP)
- 1 Tbsp (16 g) almond butter*
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup (20 g) rolled oats*
- 2 Tbsp (14 g) flour*
- 1 Tbsp (10 g) chocolate chips*
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C (170°C fan) and lightly grease a small oven-proof bowl or baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the almond butter, maple syrup, applesauce, baking powder and vanilla together.
- Stir in the oats and flour, then fold in the chocolate chips (leaving a few to sprinkle on top!)
- Put the dough into your greased dish and bake for roughly 20 minutes or until the oatmeal is the consistency that you want.
- Serve and enjoy!
*You can use any nut butter that you like, and if you want to make it gluten/dairy free, simply use gluten free flour, certified gluten free oats and dairy free chocolate chips!
This is genuinely my absolute favourite rest-day breakfast and I look forward to the days where I can tuck up in bed with a portion of this baked oatmeal and a coffee!
IF YOU MAKE AND LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, LET ME KNOW!